Celebrate Shark Week with Prodivers Kuredu19 Jul 2018
Shark Week 2018 runs from 22nd – 29th July and this year is the 30th anniversary of Discovery Channel’s annual week-long television show celebrating these amazing creatures!
Situated in the shark hot-spot of the Maldives, Prodivers Kuredu is in the fortunate position of being able to see lots of different species of sharks on the dive sites, making almost every day a shark celebration day for scuba divers!
Shark Week on Kuredu will be celebrated with a range of shark-related activities:*
- Scooter with sharks – Take part in an underwater scooter introduction and then join a Scooter 2-Tank where diving the channels brings the thrill and excitement of exploring the very edges of the atoll and with this comes a very high chance of encounters with sharks, rays and big fish
- Visit a shark cleaning station – sign up for the full day dive boat to Noon Atoll to visit Orimas Thila, an incredible site where sharks go to get cleaned and also Christmas Rock for more shark action
- Ticket to Kuredu Express – Dive the famous Kuredu Express, a well-known corner with potentially fast-flowing current and a typical hang out for sharks
- Maldivian Shark & Ray Diver – this PADI Specialty Course is only offered by Prodivers Maldives and includes a fascinating theory session followed by a dive to a site to find and identify sharks and rays
- Snorkel with sharks – by day snorkellers can join a special boat to a reef with a chance of spotting sharks and by night join with a torch to search for nurse sharks
Please get in touch with the team at Prodivers Kuredu by email for further information prior to arrival, or pop into the Dive Center to find out what’s happening when during Shark Week!
If you won’t be spending Shark Week here with us at Kuredu, follow Prodivers on Facebook and Instagram – there will be a posting each day introducing a different species of shark that can be seen at nearby dive sites. Stay tuned!
*All activities are subject to surface and dive site conditions and may be changed at short notice.