Instructor Development Course (IDC)
Time to teach!
The PADI The PADI IDC program is split in to two parts and takes a total of 9.5 days. Success is required in each of the sections before a candidate is able to sit the 2 day Instructor Examination (IE) that takes place immediately after the IDC.
The IDC starts with the 4.5 day Assistant Instructor Course (AI). Followed by the EFR Instructor Course for another 1.5 days. Upon successful completion of this section, candidates can then proceed onto the 5 day Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) course. The Instructor Examination (IE) is held on Kuredu itself, and is overseen by a PADI EMEA Examiner.
Instructors who are already certified to instructor leadership level with a recreational dive training organization other than PADI are exempt from the AI section of the program and just need to join the OWSI program
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Been a certified diver for at least 6 months and a PADI Divemaster or equivalent
- PADI diver’s medical signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- Minimum 60 logged dives to enroll on the IDC and a minimum of 100 to enroll on the IE
- Proof of experience in night, deep and navigation diving
- Have good personal diving and buoyancy skills and be able to snorkel 800 metres