Top Ten New Year’s Resolutions for Divers10 Jan 2019
The start of the new year is a time when many people make New Year’s resolutions and we’ve put together ten suggestions for all the scuba divers out there:
- Drink more water – staying hydrated has countless health benefits and for divers it could mean less chance of Decompression Sickness (DCS)
- Perfect your buoyancy – makes diving much more comfortable, protects your equipment and the reefs – check out the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course
- Try something new – try diving with a scooter or learn how to take amazing underwater photos
- Discover a few new details about a marine creature – ask your guide or look through the books in the dive center
- Learn to help those in distress in the water – the PADI Rescue Diver course is one of the most rewarding courses a diver can take and not only helps others but increases your own confidence too
- Find alternatives to single-use plastics – a positive step for the whole planet, not just the blue one!
- Take your rubbish home with you – when visiting remote locations it is often better to take your plastic rubbish home with you than leave it for the host country/resort to deal with, there will be far less chance of it ending up in the ocean where it can harm the sea creatures we all love so much
- Investigate the possibility of using ‘reef-friendly’ sun protection lotions – anything we can do to help the fragile coral reefs is a good thing
- Spread the word about sharks – friends not food! These fascinating creatures are not man-eaters and we are not on their menu, they should also not be on our menu as they are vital to the overall health of the oceans. They are endangered in all parts of the world mainly from over-fishing and the demand for their fins – boycott shark products
- Book your next dive trip – a resolution that will surely make you happy and improve your life!