Must-Do Experiences in the Maldives09 Feb 2023
At a destination where 99% of the surface area is covered by the warm, clear waters of the Indian Ocean, it’s not surprising that the must-do experiences for those visiting the Maldives are water-based!
- Snorkel amongst tropical fish – the easiest way to appreciate the wonderful world of the coral reefs and with activities available for all experience levels there really is no excuse for getting on the return seaplane without at least trying to find Nemo!
- Try Diving – take the plunge and allow our patient and experienced team of multilingual instructors to guide you through your first breaths underwater. You’ll never forget your first dive – especially when it’s in the ocean surrounded by colourful fish.
- Dive with sharks – qualified divers can visit some of the shark hotspots of the Maldives or even learn to use our underwater scooters which make light work of diving in currents and hanging out with the sharks even easier.
- See turtles in their natural habitat – endangered worldwide but prolific in the Maldives, sea turtles can be seen grazing on seagrass, resting on the reef and swimming to the surface for air, if you go snorkelling or diving, an encounter is likely.
- Night dive and experience the magic of phosphorescent plankton – there’s nothing quite like being underwater at night, turning off your torch and witnessing the phenomenon of the plankton glowing all around you like twinkling star….and then surfacing to the magnificence of the Milky Way.
- Spend a whole day on a boat, cruising the atoll, spotting dolphins and snorkelling with mantas – a full-day dive or snorkel trip will be the cherry on top of the holiday cake with plenty of beautiful memories to treasure for years to come.
Contact the Prodivers team to find out more and come along to the Dive Center soon after your arrival to find out about the exciting activities you can join.