10 Reasons Why You Should Take Your Children Diving in the Maldives02 Dec 2021
Families planning on spending a holiday in the Maldives may wonder if there is enough on these tiny islands to keep the kids occupied….the answer is YES! As a world-renowned scuba diving destination, the Maldives offers the perfect opportunity for kids to start a hobby which will last a lifetime and it’s fun, fun, fun all the way.
We’ve collected 10 reasons why you should encourage your children to embark on the awesome journey that is diving:
- Children will develop social skills and connect with different people from all over the world, including fellow students, instructors and the dive center team;
- Your kids will never forget their first instructor. With so much knowledge and many stories about the underwater world, he or she will be a great role model;
- The younger people are when they begin scuba diving, the more likely they are to be confident with it;
- Diving connects families. If you’re an ocean lover yourself, nothing beats enjoying it together and sharing the passion with one another. It’s a true family bonding activity, especially if you see the Maldives’ diving highlights together (such as the manta rays and turtles!);
- Scuba diving courses take concepts from physics, maths and natural science and applies them to the real world. Your children will gain a first-hand understanding of the sometimes abstract concepts taught in school making them easier to understand;
- Your kids will learn about marine life and they will see a whole new world, broadening their horizons, knowledge and sense of appreciation;
- Diving encourages children to care about the conservation of the wildlife and the fragile environment;
- Kids will learn about personal safety and the importance of following rules to minimize risks;
- Diving will encourage their natural curiosity, making them more likely to be interested in other natural sciences, sports, cultures, photography and similar;
- You’ll give the gift of happiness to your kids and teach them that experiences outweigh material possessions by far!
- A bonus: It’s great fun…and may give you a couple of hours of adults-only time for hopping on a diving boat yourself!
Get in touch with us if you’d like to find out more about the Bubblemaker (8y+), Discover Scuba Diving (10y+), or the Junior Open Water Diver Course (10y+, restrictions apply).