Join the Sidemount Intro Dive on Kuredu18 Apr 2017
If you’ve seen tec divers with tanks clipped onto their sides and wondered ‘why?’, or thought sidemount diving was only for cave divers, join the Sidemount Intro Dive to dispel the myths.
No longer exclusively tec diver domain, sidemount diving offers a lot of benefits to the recreational diver too:
- Greater comfort with no heavy weight awkwardly attached to the back
- Ease of entering the water without tanks attached (they are clipped on at the surface)
- Greater streamlining
- Built-in back up system limiting the need to rely on another diver for air in an emergency
- More air – who couldn’t do with just a bit more?!
- More accessible first stages should malfunction occur – take the drama out of a burst or leaky o-ring.
- Looking cool!
Don’t just take our word for it – here at Kuredu Prodivers we are offering the Sidemount Intro every week so you can try it for yourself.
If, after completing the Intro you would like to explore sidemount diving further, our instructors would be happy to help you continue the adventure with the PADI Sidemount Diver Specialty course. One confined water dive and three open water dives will get you comfortable with the new equipment and confident in using it safely – who knows, you may even turn tec!
For more information about the Sidemount Intro Dive contact the team: