Highlights of the first month at Innahura Maldives05 Apr 2019
Innahura Maldives may have only been open for a month but already it’s becoming a diving hotspot in the Lhaviyani Atoll – divers and snorkellers have been treated to some incredible sightings during the last four weeks, with everything from the tiny critters to big predators.
A snapshot of just some of the highlights of Prodivers Innahura’s first month:
- Discovering a ‘new’ thila – Gaviamas Thila, also called Stonefish Thila due to finding 8 stonefish there as well as lots of other macro life
- Snorkelling and diving with dolphins and seeing them almost every day from the boat
- Finding a reef full of hawksbill turtles – 48 were seen in just one single dive!
- Observing an ornate eagle ray in the lagoon
- Watching mobula jumping out of the water
- Diving and snorkeling with a sailfish
- Enjoying amazing scooter dives at Meyyafushi Kandu with schools of sharks and eagle rays
- Snorkelling with mantas
- Finding pristine snorkel reefs
- Taking our first Discover Scuba Divers into the amazing swimming-pool-like conditions in our turquoise lagoon directly in front of the dive center
It’s clear to see that divers and snorkellers visiting Innahura are in for a real treat – spectacular diving, untouched reefs and surprise encounters await. A diver’s paradise was the intention and Innahura is certainly living up to expectations!